My main research area is Control Theory of Partial Differential Equations. Other areas I have worked in in the past include Mathematical Modeling, Elasticity theory, Nonharmonic Fourier Series, Applied Functional Analysis, and Material Science.
XS Below are some of my papers - either in postscript (.ps) form or in pdf. Most of these are in preprint form so there might be minor differences with the journal paper.
Papers on Exact Controllability
Papers on Layered Beams and Plates
- Simultaneous boundary control of a Rao-Nakra sandwich beam
(with R. Rajaram):2005 CDC Proceedings
- Riesz basis property and related results for a Rao-Nakra sandwich beam
(with R. Rajaram) Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems Supplement Vol., p.365--375
- Null-Controllability of a damped Mead-Markus sandwich beam
(with R. Rajaram) Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems Suppl. Vol.pp. 746--755
- Exact boundary controllability of a Rao-Nakra sandwich beam
(with R. Rajaram) Proc. SPIE , vol. 5757 (2005), p.97-107.
- Semigroup well-posedness of a multilayer Mead-Markus plate with shear damping
Chapter XIX: Control and Boundary Analysis ,Marcell Dekker 2004
- Several related models for multilayer sandwich plates
Mathematical Models and Methods in Applied Sciences, vol. 14 (2004), p. 1103-1131.
- Optimal damping in multilayer Mead-Markus sandwich beams
Proc. SPIE , vol. 5049 (2003), 201--211.
- Analyticity, hyperbolicity and uniform stability of semigroups arising in models of composite beams
(with Irena Lasiecka) Mathematical Models and Methods in Applied Sciences, vol. 10 (2000), p. 555-580.
- Modeling and analysis of damped three-layer beams
(with Richard Fabiano) Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems, Proc. Third Int. Conf. on Dynamical Systems and Diff. Equations (May 18-21, 2000) (2001) p. 143-155
- A dynamical model for multilayered plates with independent shear deformations
Quarterly of Applied Mathematics, vol. LV (1997), p. 601-621.
- Analyticity of semigroups associated with a laminated composite beam,
(with Z. Liu) in Control of Distributed Parameter and Stochastic Systems (eds. S. Chen, X. Li, J. Yong, X.Y. Zhou) Kluwer Academic 1999.
- Analysis of a plate with a localized piezoelectric patch,
Proc. 1998 Conference on Decision and Contol (1999)
- Structural damping in laminated beams due to interfacial slip,
(with Ruben Spies) Journal of Sound and Vibration Vol. 204 (1997) p. 183-202.
- Modeling and analysis of multilayered plates,
ESAIM Proc. Vol. 4 (1998) p. 117-135
Papers on Admissibility/Optimal Regularity