TrAC AI Seminar Series (Fridays 12:00--1:00pm)
MDL Collective (Fridays 4:00-5:00pm)
CAM seminar (Mondays 4:10---5:00pm or 2:10-3:00pm)
MDL Journal Club (Thursdays 5:30pm--7:00pm)
Conferences I have organized at ISU:
- 2021 Iowa PDE Seminar, held October 30, 2021, ISU.
- Spring 2015 Iowa PDE Seminar, held March 28, 2015, ISU.
- Midwest Numerical Analysis Day , held April 24-25, 2010, ISU.
- Fall 2009 Iowa PDE Seminar, held October 10, 2009, ISU.
- Computational and Mathematical Aspects of Materials and Fluids , held April 13--14, 2007, Iowa State University.
- Workshop on Computational Methods and Applied PDEs (CMAPDE05) , held November 04-05, 2005., Iowa State University.
- Quantum and Kinetic Transport Equations: Analysis, Computations, and New Applications., IPAM, UCLA, March 9 - June 12, 2009
- Center for Advanced Study, project on "Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations", Oslo, December 1--31, 2008.
- CSCAMM, University of Maryland, Sept.-October, 2008.
- Recent Developments in Numerical Methods for Nonlinear Hyperbolic Partial Differential Equations and their Applications , Banff, Canada, Aug 31-Sept 5, 2008.
- 12th International Conference on Hyperbolic Problems: Theory, Numerics, Applications , University of Maryland, College Park, June 9-13, 2008.
- 2008 AMS Spring Central Section Meeting, Bloomington, IN, April 5-6, 2008.
- Penn State University, March 28, 2008.
- Wisconsin Madison, Feb. 25, 2008.
- SIAM Conference on Analysis of Partial Differential Equations (PD07), December 10-12, 2007, Mesa, Arizona.
- Workshop on Quantized Vortices in Superfluidity and Superconductivity and Kinetic Theory, National University of Singapore, Nov. 12-16, 2007.
- Fudan University, August 1-10, 2007.
- Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT), July 25-July 31, 2007.
- International conference on PDEs, Beijing, July 27-30, 2007.
- ICIAM07, Zuerich, Switzerland, July 17-20, 2007.
- University of Magdeburg, Germany, July 7-16, 2007.
- Newton Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Cambridge, UK, July 01-07, 2007.
- University of Toulouse, France, June 03-June 30, 2007.
- University of Vienna, Austria, May 26-June 3, 2007.
- Workshop on ``Multiscale Modeling and Simulation of Complex Fluids``, CSCAMM, University of Maryland, April 13-20, 2007.
- Clifford lectures series workshop, Tulane University, New Orelans, March 30-25, 2007.
- Department of Mathematics, UCSD, March 11-14, 2007.
- University of Missouri, Columbia, November 16, 2006.
- Mid-west PDE conference, Iowa City, September 22--24, 2006.
- The 43rd annual technical meeting of the society of the engineering science, University Park, PA, August 13-16, 2006.
- SIAM annual meeting and PDE analysis, Boston, July 10-14, 2006.
- Nonlinear PDEs: Homogenization and Kinetic Equations, Vienna, June 26-30, 2006 (group photo)
- International conference on recent advances of scientific computation, Beijing, June 18-19, 2006.
- The FRG workshop on Multi-D Hyperbolic Conservation Laws, Houston, March 1-5, 2006.
- The 2nd International Conference on Scientific Computing and Partial Differential Equations (SCPDE05), Hong Kong, December 2005.
- AMS Southeast Section Meeting ( #1010), Johnson City, TN, October 15-16, 2005.
- Workshop on High Frequency Wave Propagation, CSCAM, Maryland, September 19-22, 2005
- International Forum on Multiscale Methods and Partial Differential Equations
(celebrating the 60th Birthday of B. Engquist) IPAM, UCLA, August 26-27 2005
- International Conference on Scientific Computing, Nanjing, China, June 4 -- June 8, 2005
- Madison Workshop on Multi-dimensional Hyperbolic Conservation Laws, June 8-12, 2005.
- Issues on Computational Transport in Meso and Nano Scales workshop, Austin, Texas on March 4 & 5, 2005
- IMA Thematic Year on Mathematics of Materials and Macromolecules, IMA, University of Minnesota, Sept 1, 2004-June 30, 2005.
- The Third International Congress of Chinese Mathematicians, Hong Kong, Dec 17-22, 2004.
- SIAM Conference on Analysis of Partial Differential Equations, Houston, Texas, December 6-8, 2004.
- AMS Meeting #1002 on 'Partial Differential Equations and Applications' (Code: SS4) Pittsburgh, PA November 06-07, 2004.
- AMS Meeting on 'Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations and Applications' (Code: SS 6A) Evanston, IL October 23-24, 2004.
- International Conference on Nonlinear Evolutional PDEs, Zhenjiang, Jiangsu, China, May 16-20, 2004.
- International Conference on Mechanics and PDEs, -- on the occasion of Prof. Marshall Slemrod's 60th birthday , Madison, WI, April 30-May 2, 2004.
- Workshop on Hyperbolic Conservation Laws, Oberwolfach, Germany, April 4-10, 2004.
- AMS Meeting at University of Southern California (2004 Spring Western Section Meeting) Los Angeles, CA, April 3-4, 2004.
- Second Reunion Conference of IPAM's Geometrically Based Motion Program, Lake Arrowhead, California, Dec 7-12, 2003.
- The 52nd Midwest Conference in PDEs, University of Minnesota, Nov. 15-16, 2003.
- Iowa and Iowa State PDE conference, Iowa City, Oct. 22, 2003.
- The 5th International Congress on Industrial and Applied Mathematics, ICIAM 2003 (invited session speaker) Sydney, Australia, 7-11 July 2003.
- Special Session on "Recent Advances in Analysis and Numerics for Fluid Dynamics Problems" (organizer) at Second M.I.T. Conference on Computational Fluid and Solid Mechanics, at Cambridge USA, June 17 - 20, 2003.
- Nonlinear Hyperbolic Waves in Phase Dynamics and Astrophysics (invited participant, program period: 27 Jan--11 Jul 2003) Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, UK; 25 May--07 June.
- Analysis and Numerics for Modeling Semiconductor Devices and Biological Channels (organizer & invited speaker) CSCAMM, May 19-23, 2003.
- Iowa PDE/Applied Math Seminar (organizer), Iowa State University, April 26, 2003.
- Emerging Applications of the Nonlinear Schr�dinger Equations, IPAM, UCLA, Feb. 3-7 2003 ( invited speaker)
- Special Session on `` Hyperbolic Differential Equations and Kinetic Theory" of AMS Central Section Meeting #980Madison, Wisconsin, October 12-13, 2002
- Workshop on Aspects of shock wave theory, Leipzig, Oct. 7-9, 2002
- Workshop Analysis of Linear and Nonlinear Hyperbolic Systems of Partial Differential Equations University of Potsdam, September 30--October 3, 2002
- GBM Reunion Retreat at Lake Arrowhead IPAM, UCLA, September 16-20, 2002.
- International Conference on Evolution Equations: Analysis and Applications Henan University, Kaifeng, August 29--September 2, 2002 (organizer)
- ICM 2002, Beijing, August 20--August 28, 2002
- The 9th International Conference on Differential Equations and Mathematical Physics Birmingham, Alabama, March 26-30, 2002
- Ninth International Conference on Hyperbolic Problems Theory, Numerics, Applications, HYP2002 Pasadena, California, March 25-29, 2002
- Joint Mathematics Meetings San Diego, January 6-9, 2002
- The Second International Congress of Chinese Mathematicians (ICCM 2001) Taipei, Taiwan, Dec. 17-22, 2001
- Special Session on ``PDEs and Applications" of the AMS Western Section Metting #972 UC Irvine November 10-11, 2001
- Culminating Workshop Lake Arrowhead IPAM, UCLA June 10-15, 2001
- The Dafermos's CONFERENCE IN CONTINUUM MECHANICS AND CONSERVATION LAWS Brown University, April 27-29, 2001
- The joint AMS-HKMS Meeting 2000: "Theoretical and Numerical Aspects of Nonlinear Conservation Laws". Hong Kong, December 13-16, 2000
- IMA Workshop : Simulation of Transport in Transition Regimes May 22-26, 2000
- Eighth International Conference on Hyperbolic Problems Theory, Numerics, Applications Magdeburg, Germany, February 28 - March 3, 2000
- Godunov Methods: Theory and Applications Conference Oxford, United Kingdom, October 18-22, 1999
- Equadiff 99 Berlin, Germany, August o1-07, 1999
- SPRING SCHOOL on the ANALYSIS OF SYSTEMS OF CONSERVATION LAWS Kochel am See, Germany, May 16-22, 1999
- Workshop on Relaxation and Hyperbolic Conservation Laws with Source Terms Berlin, Germany, April 23, 1999
- DFG-workshop on Analytic and Numerics of hyperbolic conservation laws, Magdeburg, Febuary 1999
- Seventh International Conference on Hyperbolic Problems Theory, Numerics, Applications ETH Zuerich, Switzerland, February 9-13, 1998
- Six International Conference on Hyperbolic Problems Theory, Numerics, Applications Hong Kong, June 15-19, 1996