- Xiaokai Huo, PhD in Mathematics, Tsinghua Univ. Deep learning and PDE.
Current Ph.D. Students
- Ms Xuping Tian [Math]: Deep learning methods and optimization.
- Mr. Jia-Hao He, Deep Learning algorithms with Anderson acceleration
Co-major in both mathematics and Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering (ABE)
- Mr Tianxinag Gao, Deep learning and implicit neural networks.
Co-major in both mathematics (Math) and computer science (CS)
- Ms Lin Feng [Math] Large-scale optimization: theory and algorithms
- Mr. Ziren Chen [Math] Numerical PDEs using deep neural networks
- Mr. Yanhan Chen [Stat] Deep methods with Stochastic Control
- Ms. Laura E Zinnel [Math] Deep transport in geometrical learning
Former Graduate Students:
- Manas Bhatnagar (PhD 2022), Post-doc at UMass at Amherst, Sept 1, 2022. Webpage
Thesis: Analysis of critical threshold phenomena in hyperbolic balance laws
Wumaier Maimaitiyiming (PhD 2020), Post-doc at UCLA, July 1, 2020--.
Thesis: Positive and energy stable schemes for Poisson-Nernst-Planck equations and related models
- Peimeng Yin (PhD, 2019) Post-doc at Wayne State University, 2019--2021; Oak Ridge National Lab, 2021--2023. Tenure Track Faculty at UTEP: The University of Texas at El Paso. Thesis: Efficient discontinuous Galerkin (DG) methods for time–dependent fourth order problems
- Yi Jiang (PhD, 2018) Tenure Track Faculty at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE), Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Fall 2019--
Thesis: Invariant-Region-Preserving DG methods for conservation law systems.
- Tylor Chenhall (MS, 2015--2016) Google Inv. July 2016--
Thesis: On the Doi-Onsager Model of Rigid Rod-Like Polymers
- Yongki Lee (PhD, 2009--2014) Post-doc at UC Riverside, 2014-2017; Tenure Track Assistant Professor at Southern Georgia University, 2017
Thesis: Threshold dynamics in hyperbolic partial differential equations
- Nattapol Ploymaklam (Ph.D, 2008--2014) Tenure Track Assistant Professor at Chiang Mai University, Thailand, 2014--.
Thesis: Numerical superposition of Gaussian beams over propagating domain for high frequency waves and high-order invariant-preserving methods for dispersive waves
- Diana Hay (M.S., 2010-2013) Software engineer, Des Moines, Iowa, USA.
Thesis: On the spectrum of discontinuous Galerkin methods for linear convection-diffusion equations
- Wenli Cai (PhD, 2013-2014), co-supervised with Prof. Ning SU, Tsinghua University, Beijing.
Associate Professor at China University of Mining and Technology, Beijing.
Thesis: Numerical Methods of Solutions for Two Kinds of Nonlocal Partial Differential Equations in Biological Evolution Model
- Wenying Lu (Ph.D, 2014) Xiantan University, co-supervised with Prof. Yunqing Huang
Associate Professor, Hunan University of Science and Technology
Thesis: Direct discontinuous Galerkin methods for Schroedinger equations
- Linrui Qian (M.S., 2014) Xiantan University
Thesis: Alternating Evolution Methods for Static Hamilton-Jacobi Equations
- Maksym Pryporov (Ph.D. 2008-2013): Post-doc at Iowa State University, 2013-2014.
Assistant Professor at University of Denver, 2014--2017. Engineer at OXY (Occidental Petroleum) inc. 2017--
Thesis: Gaussian Beam Methods for the Schroedinger equation with periodic potentials and strictly symmetric hyperbolic systems
- Hui Yu (Ph.D. 2008--2013): Post-doc at University of Toulouse and Imperial College, Sept. 2013- Sept. 2015; IGPM at RWTH Aachen University, Germany, Oct. 2015--August 2017; Tenure Track Assistant Professor at Tsinghua University, Beijing, Sept. 2017--.
Thesis: Entropy Satisfying and Maximum Principle Satisfying Methods for Fokker-Planck Equations
- Xiaoliang Xie ( Ph.D 2008) : Univ. Chicago (2008--2009); CTO, CalmCar Vehile Vision System Inc. Tianjin, China.
Thesis: Large time stepping methods for higher order time-dependent evolution equations.
- Haseena Amhed (Ph.D 2008) : Bay area in California (2008--).
Thesis: High resolution alternating evolution schemes for hyperbolic conservation laws and Hamilton-Jacobi equations
- Zhongming Wang ( Ph.D 2008) : Post-Doc, UCSD(2008-2011); Tenure Track faculty at Florida International Univ. Miami 2011--present.
Thesis: Development of level set methods for computing the semiclassical limit of Schroedinger equations with potentials
- Jin-Young Guo (M.S. 2010), Korea
- Hung Phan ( M.S., 2006)
- Eric Blabac ( M.S., 2003-2005)
Post-docs and visitors:
- Hairui Wen (Visitor, Sept 2015-- August 2016): Faculty at Beijing Institute of Technology
- Nianyu Yi (Visitor, January - May 2016) ISU, now Faculty at Xiangtan University
- Terrance Pendleton (post-doc, 2013-2016): Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Drake University, Des Moines, IA 50311, 2016-- present.
- Michael Polack (post-doc, 2011--2016)
- Zheng Chen (2014-2015) ISU, then post-doc at Oak Ridge National Lab; Tenure track faculty at University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, 2018--.
- Jing Wang (Post-doc, 2013-2014) Madison, Madison.
- Nianyu Yu (Post-doc, Sept. 2011-- Feb. 2012)
- Tae Gab Ha (2010-- 2011) Pusan National University, Pusan, Korea.
- Jaemin Shin (Postdoc, 2008-2009) then IMA post-doc, 2010-2012. Faculty at Department of Mathematical Sciences and Institute for Applied Mathematics and Optics, Hanbat National University, Daejeon 34158, Korea. 2014--