Kristie J Franz
- Professor and Chair, Department of Geological and Atmospheric Sciences
- Smith Family Foundation Chair in Geology
716 Farm House Ln.
Social Media and Websites
- Ph.D. Civil Engineering, University of California, Irvine, 2006
- M.S. Hydrology and Water Resources, University of Arizona, 2001
- B.S. Geology, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, 1995
The primary goal of our research group is to advance the methods used for predicting hydrologic processes on short to long time horizons through improved understanding and representation of hydrologic variability and uncertainty.
Topics of interest include: Snow and rainfall-runoff modeling and forecasting, hydrologic applications of remote sensing data, climate and land use impacts on the hydrologic cycle, and agent-based modeling.
Opportunities exist for students interested in a M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Meteorology, Geology, Environmental Science, or Civil Engineering.
Interested students should contact Dr. Franz for more information.