These projects have been submitted for financial support
- Valorization of cold-hardy grape pomace (supported by IDALS)
- Use of alternative techniques for the extraction of polyphenols from fruits and co-products.
- Development of a physical method, tribology, to improve the understanding of red wine astringency perception
- Effect of viticultural and winemaking practices on tannins in red grapes and wines:
- Effect of leaf removal on tannin content in grapes and wines
- Effect of an Accentuated Cut Edges (ACE) and enzymes treatment on tannins and anthocyanins in Marquette wines.
- Interactions between cell wall polysaccharides and tannins in cold-hardy grapes
Research Key Words
- winemaking practices
- astringency management
List of Publications
My research articles are available here: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2411-6529
New publication about tannin in cold-hardy red wines: in Molecules (2021): https://www.mdpi.com/1420-3049/26/16/4923