These projects have been submitted for financial support
- Valorization of grape pomace, the common waste.Some published work here: https://doi.org/10.1002/fsn3.3215
- Development of Best Production Practices for Red Wines Over Time
- Use of alternative techniques for the extraction of polyphenols from fruits and co-products. Some published work here: http://DOI: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2022.132703
- Development of a physical method, tribology, to improve the understanding of red wine astringency perception.
- Effect of viticultural and winemaking practices on tannins in red grapes and wines:
- Effect of leaf removal on tannin content in grapes and wines.
- Effect of nutrients spraying on vines and grape quality.
- Effect of an Accentuated Cut Edges (ACE) and enzymes treatment on tannins and anthocyanins in Marquette wines. Some published work here: https://www.mdpi.com/1450980
- Effect of fermentation of whole clusters. Some published work here: https://rdcu.be/c5RYK
- Interactions between cell wall polysaccharides and tannins in cold-hardy grapes
- Alternative to cold stabilization
Research Key Words
- winemaking practices
- astringency management
List of Publications
My research articles are available here: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2411-6529
New publication about fermentation of whole clusters on Marquette and Frontenac wines in Food Bioprocess and Technology (2023):https://rdcu.be/c5RYK
New publication about the grape pomace processed using infrared drying method (2023): http://https://doi.org/10.1002/fsn3.3215
New publication about saignee and bentonite on phenolics of MArquette wines in Molecules (2022): DOI: 10.3390/molecules27113482
New publication about the use of ultrasounds on Aronia and Marquette berries in Food Chemistry (2022): https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2022.132703
New publication about the use of Accentuated Cut Edges technique on Marquette wine phenolics extraction in Molecules (2022): https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules27020542
New publication about tannin in cold-hardy red wines: in Molecules (2021): https://www.mdpi.com/1420-3049/26/16/4923