My research is in the general area of Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing. More specifically, I work on high-order methods for hyperbolic partial differential equations. Furthermore, I am interested in developing these methods for mathematical models from fluid dynamics, plasma physics, and astrophysics. More information can be found on my research page.
I have taught mathematics at all levels (first-year undergraduate, advanced undergraduate, introductory graduate, and special topics graduate courses). My main interests are in applied and computational mathematics courses. More information can be found on my teaching page.
REU (Summer 2019 at ISU)
- Official website: https://orion.math.iastate.edu/reu/
- Dates: June 1, 2019 to July 27, 2019 (Research June 3 - July 26)
- Application Deadline: February 18, 2019 (Monday)
- On-line application: https://www.mathprograms.org/db/programs/773
- Compensation: Students will receive a stipend of about $4200 ($525 per week), on-campus lodging (in Frederiksen Court student apartments), some meals, and partial support for travel to and from Ames, Iowa.
- Co-Directors: Steve Butler (ISU) and Michael Young (ISU)
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org