- Michael Gerten
- Ibrahim Mesecan
- Rebecca Eiland
- Alexis Marsh
- Salil Purandare
- Jobayer Ahmmed
- Drew Cross
- Linsey Kitt
- Sanchayani Pal
- Linsey Kitt
Iowa State University
- Mikaela Cashman, August 2020, Interpretability of Configurable Software in the Biosciences (now Postdoctoral Researcher, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Urjoshi Sinha, December 2022, Analyzing the Impact of Configurations in Data-driven Software Applications.
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Justin Firestone, May 2020, Application of Software Engineering Principles to Synthetic Biology and Emerging Regulatory Concerns,
(now Assistant Professor of Practice, Raikes School, UNL)
- Yalan Liang, August 2018, Automated GUI Testing and Repair: a Family of Techniques (Facebook)
- Brady Garvin, August 2017, The Variability-Space Topography of Interaction Faults (now Assistant Professor of Practice, UNL).
- Thammasak Thianniwet, August 2016, SPL-XFactor: A Framework for Reverse Engineering Feature Models (now Assistant Professor, School of Information Technology Suranaree University of Technology, Thailand)
- Jiangfan Shi, May 2012, Use of Constraint Solving for Testing Software Product Lines , co-advised with M. Dwyer (first job: Microsoft)
- Xiao Qu, August 2010, Configuration Aware Prioritization for Regression Testing (now at ABB Research)
- Mikaela Cashman, December 2016, Thesis: Using Software Testing Techniques to Infer Biological Models.
- Jonathan Saddler, August 2016, Thesis: EventFlowSlicer: A Goal-based Test Case Generation Strategy for Graphical User Interfaces.
- Kevin North, August 2016, (co-advised with A. Sarma) Thesis: Sonifying Git History.
- Justin Firestone, May 2016, (co-advised with M. Pierobon) Thesis: A Roadmap to Safe and Reliable Engineered Biological Nano-communication Networks.
- Dongpu Jin, August 2014, Thesis: Improving Preference Recommendation and Customization in Real World Highly Configurable Software Systems
- Jacob Swanson, May 2014, Thesis: A Self-Adaptive Framework for Failure Avoidance in Configurable Software
- Heath Roehr (co-advised with S. Elbaum), August 2013, Thesis: Discovering Divergence: Finding Unexpected Behavior Using Directed Exploration
- Amanda Swearngin, May 2012, Thesis: CogTool-Helper: Leveraging GUI Functional Testing Tools to Generate Predictive Human Performance Models
- Weixia Xu, August 2011, Project
- Si Huang, December 2010, Thesis: A Framework for Automatically Repairing GUI Test Suites
- Isis Cabral, August 2010, (co-advisor with G. Rothermel), Thesis: Designing Software Product Lines for Testability
- Brady Garvin, December 2009, Thesis: Constrained Covering Arrays by Simulated Annealing
- Matilda Acheampong, August 2009, Thesis: An End-User Testing Approach for Data Retrieval in Relational Databases
- Yu Shang, May 2009, Project (co-advisor with W. Srisa-an)
- Martin Coria, May 2007, Thesis: An Automated Testing Framework For Finding Buffer Overflows
- Joshua Snyder, December 2006, Thesis: Testing Across Configurations: Implications for Combinatorial Testing
- Shiu Beng Kooi, (co-advisor with W. Srisa-an), August 2006,Thesis: Clustering the Heap in Multi-threaded Applications for Improved Garbage Collection
Undergraduate Honors Thesis
- Joseph Schulman: May 2008
Past Undergraduate Research Assistants (ISU)
- Katelyn Lamison
- Regine Peters
- Tomas Caldas
- Jack Powen
Past UCARE/Undergraduate Research Assistants (UNL)
- Hallie Hohbein
- Mark Hernandez
- Phuong Ninh
- Dannie Dooling - graduated May 2018.
- Dong Xu - graduated May 2015.
- Zhen Wang - graduated May 2014.
- Jacob Swanson - graduated December 2011.
- Kaylei Burke - graduated May 2011.
- Amanda Swearngin - graduated May 2010.
- Katie Macias
- Katherine Woolf (UCARE) - graduated May 2008.
- Summer 2006:
- Sarah Manning
- Bryan Oltman
- Matthew Rosno
- Krista Nelson (UCARE) - graduated May 2006.
- Summer 2005:
- Laura Brown
- Timothy Fangmeier
- Danielle Nelson
Ph.D. External Examiner
- Paul Temple, University of Rennes, France
- Gulsen Demiroz, Sabanci University, Turkey
- Xavier Devroey, University of Namur, Belgium
- Santo Carino, University of Western Ontario
- Emil Alégroth, Chalmers University of Technology
- Christopher Henard, University of Luxembourg