Mark S Kaiser
- Director of Graduate Education
I joined the Department of Statistics at Iowa State University in 1991. My research centers on the development and use of Markov random fields and conditional model specification in a variety of problems, including spatial analyses, models for random networks, and hidden Markov models. I also have strong interests in hierarchical modeling, empirical likelihood, and the foundations of statistics. While I have a background in ecology and am naturally drawn to applications in the ecological and environmental sciences, I also have become interested in applications in political science such as international relations and voter behavior.
- B.S. Wildlife Biology, University of Missouri - Columbia, 1979
- M.S. Wildlife Biology, University of Missouri - Columbia, 1982
- M.A. Statistics, University of Missouri - Columbia, 1984
- Ph.D. Statistics University of Missouri - Columbia 1990