Jon D. Perkins, J.D., Ph.D., CPA, CMA, CGMA
- Associate Professor of Accounting
- President, ISU Faculty Senate
Dr. Perkins joined the faculty at Iowa State University in August 2009. His research interests include corporate social responsibility and integrated reporting as well as the strategic behavior of accounting professionals in response to features of their decision-making environment and he has published his research in premier accounting and psychology journals. Jon teaches courses in taxation at both the undergraduate and graduate levels as well as the undergraduate capstone course and has been a faculty member for the AICPA National Tax Education Program. He has earned Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certificates in Iowa and Missouri as well as Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) certificates and is a licensed attorney in Missouri. Jon is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Accounting Association, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, and the Missouri Bar. He is a former Editor for Issues in Accounting Education and has reviewed manuscripts for numerous journals, including Accounting and the Public Interest, Accounting, Organizations and Society, Behavioral Research in Accounting, Contemporary Accounting Research, The International Journal of Accounting, the Journal of Business Ethics, and the Journal of the American Taxation Association.
- Ph.D., Accountancy, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2003
- J.D., University of Missouri at Columbia, 1995
- B.S., Accountancy, University of Missouri at Columbia, 1991
- B.S., Business Administration (emphasis areas: Finance and Banking, Economics), University of Missouri at Columbia, 1991