Our Theoretical Condensed Matter Research Group is based at the Department of Physics and Astronomy at Iowa State University, and embedded in the lively condensed matter research environment of Iowa State University and Ames Laboratory.
We investigate electronic properties of strongly correlated quantum materials with a focus on non-equilibrium dynamics. We employ a combination of analytical and numerical techniques from field-theory and statistical mechanics, and also develop NISQ quantum computing algorithms for many-body models. Our research is often performed in collaboration with experimental colleagues.
Publications & Preprints
11. Yihua Qiang, Victor L. Quito, Thaís V. Trevisan, Peter P. Orth
Probing Majorana wavefunctions in Kitaev honeycomb spin liquids with second-order two-dimensional spectroscopy
10. Erik J. Gustafson, Andy C. Y. Li, Abid Khan, Joonho Kim, Doga Murat Kurkcuoglu, M. Sohaib Alam, Peter P. Orth, Armin Rahmani, Thomas Iadecola
Preparing quantum many-body scars on a quantum computer
9. Klée Pollock, Peter P. Orth, Thomas Iadecola
Variational Microcanonical Estimator
8. João C. Getelina, Niladri Gomes, Thomas Iadecola, Peter P. Orth, Yong-Xin Yao
Adaptive variational quantum minimally entangled typical thermal states for finite temperature simulations
7. Ana-Marija Nedić, Morten H. Christensen, Y. Lee, Bing Li, Benjamin G. Ueland, Rafael M. Fernandes, Robert J. McQueeney, Liqin Ke, Peter P. Orth
Competing magnetic fluctuations and orders in a multiorbital model of doped SrCo2As2
6. Benjamin McDonough, Andrea Mari, Nathan Shammah, Nathaniel T. Stemen, Misty Wahl, William J. Zeng, Peter P. Orth
Automated quantum error mitigation based on probabilistic error reduction
5. Ana-Marija Nedić, Victor L. Quito, Yuriy Sizyuk, Peter P. Orth
Three-state Potts nematic order in stacked frustrated spin models with SO(3) symmetry
4. Farhan Islam, Thaís V. Trevisan, Thomas Heitmann, Santanu Pakhira, Simon X. M. Riberolles, N. S. Sangeetha, David C. Johnston, Peter P. Orth, David Vaknin
Frustrated Magnetic Cycloidal Structure and Emergent Potts Nematicity in CaMn2P2
3. M. Sohaib Alam, Noah F. Berthusen, Peter P. Orth
Quantum Logic Gate Synthesis as a Markov Decision Process
2. Y. Lee, R. Skomski, X. Wang, P. P. Orth, A. K. Pathak, B. N. Harmon, R. J. McQueeney, I. I. Mazin, Liqin Ke
Interplay between magnetism and band topology in Kagome magnets RMn6Sn6
1. Andy C. Y. Li, M. Sohaib Alam, Thomas Iadecola, Ammar Jahin, Doga Murat Kurkcuoglu, Richard Li, Peter P. Orth, A. Barış Özgüler, Gabriel N. Perdue, Norm M. Tubman
Benchmarking variational quantum eigensolvers for the square-octagon-lattice Kitaev model
62. Anirban Mukherjee, Noah F. Berthusen, João C. Getelina, Peter P. Orth, Yong-Xin Yao
Comparative study of adaptive variational quantum eigensolvers for multi-orbital impurity models
Commun Phys 6, 4 (2023).
61. I-Chi Chen, Benjamin Burdick, Yongxin Yao, Peter P. Orth, Thomas Iadecola
Error-Mitigated Simulation of Quantum Many-Body Scars on Quantum Computers with Pulse-Level Control
Phys. Rev. Research 4, 043027 (2022).