Masters and Ph.D. Research in the Nason Lab
Information for Prospective Students
If you have an interest in the research that we do and would like to join our lab in the Department of Ecology, Evolution and Organismal Biology (EEOB) at Iowa State University, please send an email to Professor John Nason at email@example.com with the information below.
- Briefly state your research interests and reason for wanting to join the lab.
- Your current degrees (or expected degrees) and institutions.
- Your GRE scores and percentiles, including subject (if available).
- Your GPA (major and cumulative).
- Degree sought at Iowa State (M.Sc. or PhD).
- Your career objective after graduate school.
See our People page for Professor Nason's contact information.
NOTE: This informal application to join my laboratory as a graduate student and the formal application to graduate school at Iowa State are separate. Depending on their research interests, most students formally apply through EEB, our Interdepartmental Ecology and Evolution Graduate Program, or IG, our Interdepartmental Genetics Graduate Program, and it is best to make contact in the fall and apply by December, or early January to take advantage of internal sources of support (scholarships, fellowships, recruitment awards) offered through various programs at Iowa State. Successful applicants will be invited to visit Iowa State for an interview early in the spring semester for a recruitment weekend. Separate visits at any time also can be arranged.